Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Mid-week training, 75 days of training left

I've been up since 5:15am this morning...enough time to go for a run and a spin class before work...but, have I gone to a spin class or for a run? No. I had to make an early-morning airport run to drop Michael off to catch his plane to Salt Lake City. While he is playing with his friends, eating junk food, watching basketball, and relaxing in the hot tub, I will be training my little heart out!

Luckily, I'm not nearly as exhausted as I should be, so I hope to make it to a spin class tonight--and maybe even start things off with an outdoor run! Ok, ok, that might be a little ambitious...and the rain clouds do appear to be slowly rolling in...but if the run doesn't take place outside before spin class, then it will for sure take place on a treadmill after. Last time I ran on the treadmill (after Monday's spin class), I tried to simulate the unpredictability of the outdoors by increasing the incline and playing around with the speed. I felt like I could've gone for longer than the mile and a half that I did, but it was getting late and Michael was ready to leave (bless him, he's not the workout buddy that you are, Tara). Mondays and Wednesdays are good days because I really like one of the spin teachers that teaches both nights--works out well because I want to go to his class and also because that saves me from my 5:30am alarm. And, this leaves flexible time after spin to go for a run. Hopefully the commute home will not completely drain me (as it has been known to do) and I will still be motivated to stick to my Wednesday night plan! Wish me luck!

Taryn

No comments: