Friday, March 16, 2007

Even as I was writing my last post, I was still hopeful that I would muster up enough will power to make it to the gym...but, what do you know, I didn't quite make it. Sometimes when I am in the in-between stage...you know, when you're totally not feeling like going to the gym, but haven't quite yet decided for sure not to go...I end up going just to spite myself. It's like I know deep down that I am going to be lazy, so just to prove my inner sloth wrong, I will get dressed in my cutest workout outfit and head to the gym before I can talk myself out of it. Last night was not one of those instances.

However, I did do some strength training last night...with my 10lb free weights...on my stability ball...while watching The Office. Does that count? I really was trying to build up my shoulder strength for when I make it to the pool. (Tomorrow could be the day!) Needless to say, my guilt got me out of bed this morning at 5:30am...thank heaven it's Friday, is all I can say. I ran just over 2.5 miles (am I getting good, or what?!) and then lifted legs. Not a killer work out, but I was pretty pleased.

My question is: When will my body stop feeling so tired? We are nearing the end of the second week of training and my body is feeling it. My legs were so achy this afternoon. Is that a good sign? Maybe a sign that I am making progress, or at least working really hard? Or does it mean that I'm not even close to being strong enough to hang with the other triathletes?

Tomorrow, I plan on doing the trivecta...spin class, then a run, then to the pool. Wish me luck. Not to worry, I got some good carb-loading in tonight to store some fuel. ;)

No comments: