Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Another Manic Monday

Thank you for your "day-off" well wishes. I did enjoy my day off...I enjoyed it so much that I took two! I meant to go to early spin on Monday because I knew I wouldn't be able to go later than night, but I seriously had an out-of-body experience between my dreams and my alarm going off and had no idea what in the world was going on. (Needless to say, I didn't quite make it.) With Lindsey and Josh in town for one more day, we had a legitimate Family Home Evening and went to James' lacrosse game and then out to dinner. I was good, though--I got a yummy salad with seared, sashimi-grade tuna to fuel up for today. I've already run a mile and done 50 minutes of spin and it is only 9:30am! And, I fully intend to go for a longer run tonight before I lift. (I have been not-so-good with my lifting schedule lately.)

I haven't been back to the pool since that fateful first day last Saturday, but I got a new cheapo swimsuit from Target that is actually kinda cute, for a lap-swimming bathing suit, and I know it will give me the extra motivation I need. And, you have inspired me with your attitude toward the swim training, so I'm feeling pretty good. Now, I just need to actually go to the pool!

In response to your complaints, I have the following to say:

1. There has got to be enough chlorine in the pool to kill any kind of fungus that could possibly be growing within the tiles, right? How else could there be the possibility of green/blonde hair?

2. Hair. I will consult my stylist as to the effect of chlorine on blonde highlights. I haven't noticed a difference yet..haha, I've only been in the pool once!..but, worst case scenario is we will have to cut back on workouts in the pool. I mean, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?

3. Forgetting to kick is definitely not my struggle. That is the only thing that I know I am for sure doing right! I've been researching technique, but haven't seen much about the actual strokes, just more about increasing your speed per stroke. I wonder if kickboards are allowed in the race...they could double as a weapon to anyone who tried to pull us under or kick us in the face! I will look into that.

4. "booooooring. How do I hook up my ipod for water-mode?" Amen, sistah!

Tara, remember, the one thing that everyone always says is "listen to your body". Maybe not so much when she is saying she would rather sleep than wake up to go to early spin, but when it comes to feeling sick, that is a legit excuse. And look at you, running 2 miles through the pain, you stud. But, my medical opinion would be to take it easy for a while. Your body really does need time to recover so that it can keep getting stronger--that is for real, not just an excuse to take an extra day off! ;)

Please send me the schedule you found that Kathy gave us. I guess I have fallen into a semi-schedule/routine on my own, but I could use some kind of schedule that tracks my progression.

How many training weeks are left?

--taryn

No comments: