Saturday, March 24, 2007

The gym is NOT open 24 hours.

After an extensive chat with you on Thursday, I must say I was feeling much more motivated. I should begin all of my workouts with a pep talk from you! I ended up running 3 miles at probably the fastest pace I have logged since high school (ashlee simpson just brings out the best in me!). Then I hit the pool for a trial run and swam laps for 30-40 minutes without taking too many breaks. Though it was probably pretty slow, at least we know I won't drown! (wait, there will be a shallow end in this race right??).

Despite a pretty decent swim, I still have a bit to vent about the swimming experience. So I will get it all out now and then quit my whining.

1. I forgot flip-flops, making the walk from locker room to pool a disgusting mess of bacteria. I'm sure I will pick up some disease and/or fungus by the end of this.

2. Hair. Does chlorine REALLY make blonde turn green? I have completely given up hope on a swim cap and my blow dryer is working double shifts. The only plus is that I have stocked up on yummy scented kid's chlorine shampoo.

3. Sometimes I forget to kick. and what are you supposed to do with your arms/hands once they are in the water? Mine sink, much like the rest of me.

4. booooooring. How do I hook up my ipod for water-mode?

K, I'm sure there are more but I will leave them to you to add. I went wakeboarding today (in FREEEEEZING water!!) and tried out the new wetsuits. It is a "shorty" but I was so cold that I didn't pay attention to the movement and wasted no time swimming around in it. I am, however, going to see if I can convince one of those guys to swim across the lake with me in a couple weeks to get a feel for open water and no wall to kick off of. You can try this also. Just plan your lap time during the water aerobics class...or there is always the Polar Bear Club! :)

Do you want me to see about buying you a wetsuit? It was $35 from costco. I actually thought of picking you up one today also but decided I better check first. Still a chance you could just use your mom's?

I don't know if it was being in the sun all day or just tired from the boat but I did not feel up to a workout tonight. I had an awful feeling in my stomach but knew I had to do at least something today. I planned on a run/swim combo like the other day but it didn't quite go that way. I ran 2 miles on the treadmill and it was probably the worst I have felt yet. I had to go lie down in the locker room to keep from throwing up. I haven't done that since Kathy's 6 am classes! As I was debating my pool time, the gym announced that they would be closing in 10 minutes. Ok then. I guess that decided for me. Can we count wakeboarding as a semi-arm workout? They are pretty sore...

Tomorrow, being Sunday, is a day off. I'm hoping to use that time to figure out my workout schedule and put it in my ical so that workouts are no longer optional guesswork. I found the training schedule we got from Kathy and will use it as a guide. It really wasn't as bad as I previously thought-- just that it breaks down the workouts into two separate times during the day but still accomplishing what we do all in one workout. Let me know if you want me to send it to you.

Sounds like you are killing it! (wow, that totally sounded like a Cameron phrase). Enjoy your day off!

-tara

No comments: