Monday, April 30, 2007

TEAM TAR


Umm..helloooo? How can we have a joint BFF training blog without a picture of the two (ahem) "triathletes"?? Ok, the power of positive thinking....I like this. For all of our worries and frustrations through training and getting ready for this dang race, here is the power of positive thinking in action:

1. bathing suit season is upon us and what better excuse to get in shape then to beat it into us for a race?
2. I get to see my Taryn! right here in my little village of San Antonio....oh the things we shall see! the places we'll go! the treats we will eat! ;)
3. we should have one stellar tan from racing outside-- or at least from sitting out by the pool at our fabulous hotel later that day!

Reason #2 is really the one that is getting me through this- I don't know what I would do without you! I didn't get a bike at spin today and since my running shoes are still a muddy mess from my mountain biking adventure on Friday, the only option left was the dreaded pool. (gasp.) I told myself that I had to go for a long time since I wasn't getting in my usual pre-pool run or spin but after the first 50 meters I was dying! It was so much harder coming off a stressful study weekend and then I guess having no warmup before getting in. I eventually got into a rhythm, however, and pulled out a decent 1500 meter swim. Since I don't have a clue what I am doing in there or what my pace is like, I was trying to watch the girl in the lane next to me who was looking very official in her swimcap and speedo. 1-2-3-4-breathe, 1-2-3-4-breathe. 1-2-breathe. breathe. choke. Well, so much for that.

Tomorrow I will try again for spin and a lifting session. If not, then an outdoor run is in store. These crowds at the gym are really killing me! Best of luck to you this week! I don't know about you but I have felt so sluggish and tired lately. The hardest part is getting there. The hardest part is getting there. Positive thinking. Remember- the difference between those who win and those who just finish the race is that the winners focus on the pain and push through it. Good thing we are just looking to finish.

Tara

No comments: