Monday, April 23, 2007

April Showers Bring May Flowers!



Where oh where did April go?? This coming Saturday marks one month exactly to our triathlon! Whether a lack of motivation or just being busy-- our poor blog has greatly suffered. Hopefully our training has not suffered as much! I am still on track (somewhat...) and had a spin/run session planned for today only to be upset by Intermural softball playoffs! Blast these intermurals!

First off, congrats on your first race! Sounds like you did great and I loved reading your post! Sounds like the Stimpson girls had a most fabulous trip. Have you purchased your ticket here yet? Either Austin or San Antonio works-- whatever is cheapest.

Ok, let's talk bikes. Here is the count: Road Bike=1 Mountain Bike=2. Sooo, either way we have a bike but we just might be working a bit harder on the mountain bike. Then again, we are doing this for "fun" and finishing right?! I went searching for road bikes in the area and found that no one actually sells used road bikes. I guess looking for one in the middle of tri/racing season doesn't help much either. So this is the beauty that I came across: the Diamondback Zelos '07. Priced at a pretty "reasonable" $599.99. ouch.

Read more here: http://www.diamondback.com/items.asp?deptid=4&itemid=265

I am going to try to take my mountain bike out later this week to get a feel for the outdoor ride. Hope the weather clears up for you! It has been rainy and muggy here all weekend. Seriously try to find the March issue of Triathlete magazine. I think I am going to try to follow their schedule from here on out. They have some good swim workouts also. If not, then I will try to scan it and send it to you.

It is Monday which means a fresh start to our training week! Best of luck to you!!

-Tara

No comments: